One of the most critical but often overlooked aspects of IT disposal is logistics management. Many IT asset recovery firms lack the expertise to choose the right strategy or carrier for an individual project. Others approach logistics with a “one size fits all” philosophy by bundling shipping costs in with the recycling cost they quote the customer. This often results in the customer paying way too much for IT disposal services.
Most importantly, few recyclers maintain adequate control over the transportation chain-of-custody, which could result in a security breach if your assets are lost or stolen in transit; or fines and penalties if assets wind up in a dumpster or unregulated landfill. For these reasons, logistics management must be a core competency of the company you select for IT disposal.
EPC’s Asset Recovery Solutions provide comprehensive logistics management solutions for organizations in a multitude of industries throughout the continental United States. EPC works closely with clients every day on specific projects with an eye toward implementing and coordinating the safest, most cost-effective solution. Among the many logistics options available through EPC Asset Recovery Solutions:
- Full Service Shipping: EPC will send an experienced, uniformed crew with the proper equipment and materials to safely pack and transport your assets to EPC’s nearest processing facility. Even if equipment is scattered on multiple floors throughout a building, or you do not have a loading dock; even if work needs to be performed after regular business hours, or on weekends; even if building management requires a Union crew – EPC can handle any quantity of equipment, from anywhere in the USA, on minimal notice, and at the lowest possible price!
- Dock-To-Dock: If your organization has a loading dock, and your personnel can stack the equipment on standard 4×4 pallets and securely shrink-wrap it for pickup, EPC, Inc. will arrange for transportation to our nearest processing facility via one of our preferred common carriers at a greatly reduced price versus full service. EPC, Inc. will provide your personnel with packing instructions to ensure your equipment travels safe and secure.
- Drop-off / Self-Ship: Clients can ship palletized equipment to EPC, Inc.’s nearest processing facility via their own company trucks, or via the common carrier of their choice, at no additional charge from EPC, Inc.
- Small Package: For quantities up to 150 pounds, clients can pack and ship equipment directly to EPC’s nearest processing facility, via small package carrier of their choice (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.), at no additional charge from EPC.
- Custom Project Management: EPC is well experienced in managing large scale cleanouts and de-commissioning projects that require multi-man crews or multiple work-days to accomplish the work. EPC, Inc. can arrange for specialized moving equipment to handle server room equipment or telecommunications gear safely, and within your time constraints.
- True Worldwide Shipping Experience: EPC has done business globally for every size of company there is. We pride ourselves on making the unique deals happen. We look forward to helping you manage your next shipment.
Regardless of your location, quantity of equipment, or site requirements, EPC can tailor a logistics solution that meets your requirements. Contact EPC Asset Recovery Solutions for a free Project Quote today!