We’ve already discussed how to remove an account and its data from an iPhone. But what about an Android? If you plan on selling, trading in, donating, or recycling your Android phone, you’ll want to make sure your Google account is no longer synced to the device. Luckily, this is very simple.
1. Locate the Settings App on your device, whether through the Home Screen, App Drawer, or Notification Menu.
2. In the Settings App, navigate to the “Accounts” (LG) or “Cloud and accounts” (Samsung) tab. The name and location of this tab will be slightly different depending on the manufacturer of your phone or tablet. Typically, on an LG phone this tab will be under the General section, while on most Samsung devices you will scroll down from the main section.
3. Click on the account that you wish to remove.
4. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
5. Select “Remove account”.
6. You will then be asked if you wish to remove the selected account, after confirming this is the correct account, tap “Remove”.
Once you’ve completed these steps, your Google account and all its data will be wiped from the phone.